Building Blocks for Your Construction Projects
blocks are on the rise. Since these blocks are interlocking, the building process is more efficient as the blocks interlock perfectly. There are companies in South Africa offering plastic moulds for building the blocks, these companies also provide manuals and instructions for moulding blocks for building houses. (Information Credit – http://stumbelbloc.com/about-us)
You can manufacture and take the blocks out the mould by following these basic steps below:
Make sure not to fill the moulds in direct sunlight. Sunlight must be avoided as the blocks will crack from extreme variation in temperature.
- The two halves of the mould must be lubricated using oil. You can consider heavy oil like gearbox oil. The oil can be applied to the mould with a paintbrush or a sprayer. You can also dip the mould into the lubricating oil. All edges and internal surfaces of the moulds must be coated to ensure that the blocks can be taken out the mould hassle free.
- Keep the two halves of the mould separate for some time before joining them together. Wingnuts, bolts or washers provided by plastic building block manufacturers can be used to join them together. The washers should be used on both sides so that the load is spread evenly.
- Keep the mould on a firm surface with the open side up. It is important to tap the mould with rubber mallets to provide easier filling, but a vibrating table is an even better solution. This table can be constructed by using a metal plate and a motor engine.
- Now the mould can be filled with cement or a concrete mixture. If the filling continues, keep up the tapping with the rubber millets or the vibrating table.
- Give the mould a final shake and tap after the mould is filled with the cement mixture. Leave it for a few moments so that the mixture can settle in the mould. Although the mould is filled up to the very top, after the mix settles, there will be a slight gap left between the mix level and top edge. This gap must not be filled as it is a part of the design of the brick.
- Now the mould must be left to dry for at least 24 hours. It must not be moved before that time because that can cause cracks in the building block by flexing the plastic mould. Leave the mould for two nights before attempting to take the block out of the mould.
- After two nights the block can be removed from the mould. Remove it carefully with the help of rubber mallets while keeping it on a firm surface.
- Once the block is removed, it must be kept for at least three weeks before using it. It can be left open in the sun at this stage.
With the assistance of plastic building block manufacturers, you can easily mould the blocks on your own. These blocks are much more effective than traditional bricks when used to build buildings.
Article Directory /
Arts, Business, Computers, Finance, Games, Health, Home, Internet, News, Other, Reference, Shopping, Society, Sports