Surgical Imaging Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Device
The global Surgical Imaging Market size is projected to reach USD 7.3 billion by 2026 expanding at a CAGR of 5.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Technological advancements and growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries are the key factors augmenting the market growth. Surgical imaging can be used with different modalities, such as optical mode, ultrasound, radiography, and nuclear medicine. Rising scope of applications of imaging modules in a wide range of surgery procedures is expected to create significant opportunities.
Demand for surgical imaging systems is expected to show a steep growth due to high prevalence of chronic diseases including cancer and lifestyle disorders, and rising geriatric population, and demand for non-invasive and minimally invasive surgical methods. The endoscopy and laparoscopy devices are extensively used in minimally invasive surgeries. Key companies in the global market use different strategies to sustain the competition. For instance, in June 2017, Philips acquired Electrical Geodesics, Inc. to launch a portfolio with integrated neurological imaging, therapy, and mapping guidance.
Browse Details of Report @
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The X-ray segment is expected to lead the market on account of increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and demand for surgical imaging procedures for better treatment
- The demand for mobile X-ray devices is expected to grow rapidly owing to rising geriatric population and need for bedside imaging
- Orthopedic and trauma is anticipated to be the largest and fastest-growing application segment over the forecast years
- C-arms is expected to be the fastest-growing device segment in the global surgical imaging market
- North America accounted for the largest share with U.S. capturing the largest share of the regional market in 2017
- Some of the key companies include Siemens Healthcare; Hitachi Ltd.; GE Healthcare; Koninklijke Philips N.V.; Canon Medical Systems Corporation; Hologic, Inc.; Medtronic, PLC; and Shimadzu Corporation
About This Author
Joined: July 5th, 2019
Articles Posted: 58
Article Directory /
Arts, Business, Computers, Finance, Games, Health, Home, Internet, News, Other, Reference, Shopping, Society, Sports