Architectural BIM services and its process
On-boarding BIM modeling services for a construction project would mean that a 3-dimensional view of the building design with all-inclusive geometry which has all the interferences and clashes removed before the on-site construction starts. So, when there are Architectural BIM services, it would mean that the building design is digitally represented and presented in a 3D model, which will provide immense benefit to the construction companies throughout the life-cycle of the building.
Architectural BIM Modelling touches all the aspects of the AEC domain which would include generating BIM models from basic sketches, documentation in BIM, CAD Drawings, Clash detection and coordination, analysis, and content generation. The BIM modeler works with their client throughout the designing process going through schematic designing to design development to construction documentation. In addition to all this, they take the overall responsibility of BIM modeling.
The design process of Architectural Modelling involves:
- Schematic Design: This step of model generation brings about 3D visualization, Interior, and Exterior views of the building, library set that has different building components with varied specifications and styles.
- Design Development: Considering the infrastructure, overall, it would involve-building schemes, elevations, floor plans, and detailed data on-time schedules, material, cost, and quantities.
- Construction File: This documentation would have construction details, vertical circulation, or Staircase details, building sections
Based on the BIM outsourcing companies that are responsible to generate the Architectural BIM model, the delivery would include precise and updated information about costs, quantities, design scope, and all the other properties of the building components. These services can be extended for managing and maintaining all the design modifications and projects which are carried out even in the future. Due to this, the project architect is empowered to make intelligent decisions to minimize the overall design errors and clashes. Experts in the field of BIM make sure that the coordination among the drawings and documents is improved so that there is seamless integration between all the different stakeholders like that of the design team, engineering departments, construction phase, operations, etc. for the entire life cycle.
How does an Architectural BIM come into effect?
- From 2D CAD to BIM Model: With various BIM software and BIM engineers the CAD drafts are converted to 3D BIM Architectural model. This then undergoes a critical scrutiny process, to assure that the model developed is clash-free and coordinates with other models of the infrastructure.
- Interior Modelling: When we think of the interiors of the building structure it needs a lot of considerations and care while designing. So, the interior modeling focusses on layouts and furniture plans, sections, 3D floor plans, ceilings, interior doors and walls, RCP detailing, and much more along with its material application. With this usually, there is a generation of BIM Objects and Revit Families that is used with an Architectural Model.
- Exterior Modelling: To have the stronger structure of the facility the exterior is of prime importance. Architectural BIM models would include exteriors like facades, windows, doors, walls, roofs, exterior elevations, etc. The 3D model converted from a 2D drawing can be so efficient that it can bring about superior detailing like that of carvings, holdings, intricate geometries on the facades.
- 3D Floor Plans: For presenting a solid 3D model there has to be a generation of the 3D floor plan from the two-dimensional CAD design. This should include BIM components with dimensions, furniture families of different types, and varied other critical information that will bring about a virtual understanding for the contractor as well as the client to space out their furniture appropriately and other plans before on-site construction takes place.
- 4D BIM Simulation: While the advanced dimensions of the BIM model are not always included as a part of the architectural bim modeling services, it should be included in bringing about more efficiency and productivity on the project. 4D Simulation would bring about a timeline and an overall schedule for the entire project. It helps in having a closer and detailed overview of how different BIM components are designed, placed and during which time of the project and when it should reach completion. It will bring about a phase-wise construction process supporting it with animations that depict the timeline of the project.
When the Architectural BIM model is clubbed with different other models like that of the MEP BIM Model, Structural Model, etc. there is a comprehensive analysis of the building design for clashes. The entire design is made interference-free which streamlines and pushes the construction process faster more efficiently and productively.
Article Directory /
Arts, Business, Computers, Finance, Games, Health, Home, Internet, News, Other, Reference, Shopping, Society, Sports