Stem Cell Treatment for Rotator Cuff Injury
A rotator cuff injury may be caused due to an acute injury or fall or degenerative damage. Left untreated, it may worsen over time with repetitive movements, lack of blood supply or bone spur formation or a combination of all those. Stem Cells treatment offers an effective solution for rotator cuff tear or injury with faster recovery.
Rotator cuff injury
The rotator cuff is formed by muscles, tendons and ligaments surrounding the shoulder joint. It keeps the shoulder blade and the upper arm together.
The common symptoms of therotator cuff injury include -
- Inability to sleep on the affected side with a reduced range of movement.
- Difficulty in performing daily chores, including reaching up for things, lifting or carrying items or dressing.
- Sometimes a crackling sensation is felt when moving in a particular position.
Treatment for rotator cuff injury
Rotator cuff injury is a painful injury that doesn’t allow patients to carry out activities of daily living. Conventional treatment includes –
- Physical therapy
How to heal a partially torn rotator cuff naturally?
Regenerative medicine treatments for rotator cuff injuries include –
- Stem cell treatment is a completely natural treatment method that uses stem cells harvested from umbilical cord blood to repair the damaged or injured tissues.
- Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP treatment utilizes concentrated platelets from the patient’s bloodto promote healing of injured tendons, ligaments, muscles, and joints.
In certain cases, a combination of treatments may be used in the overall treatment plan.
Benefits of Regenerative Treatments
The benefits of regenerative treatmentsinclude –
- minimally invasive
- faster recovery
- less time-consuming procedures
- no hospital stays
- mobility of shoulder joints restored within a few weeks
- no post-operative scars or lesions.
- no risk of contracting or transmitting any infectious disease.
How soon can I see the results of regenerative treatments?
Stem cell and PRP therapy are ortho-biological treatments and require some time for the cells to repair and restore the damaged tissues. Most patients experience signs of improvement, such as reduced pain soon after the treatment. Effects like increased joint mobility will begin to show within a few weeks after the procedure.
Stem cell treatments not only utilize stem cells to repair the cells and tissues but also release powerful anti-inflammatory agents and growth factors whichrelieve inflammation and pain. The pain may start showing signs of decrease within 4 weeks after the treatment.
If you have been suffering from a musculoskeletal injury and you have not been able to obtain lasting relief with conservative treatments, consider stem cell treatment for your injury.
To learn more about San Francisco stem cell therapy, call the leading stem cell treatment center, call Advanced Stem Cell Institute at 855-937-7836 today.
Article Directory /
Arts, Business, Computers, Finance, Games, Health, Home, Internet, News, Other, Reference, Shopping, Society, Sports